Growth Mindset: Feedback Cats

***TRIGGER WARNING: I vent about the suckiness of 2020 below. If you don't want a reminder of some of the bad things about this year, go to a different post. 

I chose this cat because he's pretty and because I always want to know more. It's one of my annoying character traits. I always have questions, and often they are "dumb questions". I can say that because I don't believe my questions are actually dumb and I love myself. In the workplace though, I do feel like I irritate my employers. Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to work in a place where curiosity and learning is admired and not rebuked but that is not my current situation. It's okay! I am not ashamed of my many, many questions.
(Image Information: Growth Mindset Memes, Feedback Cats, Blogspot)


(Image Information: Growth Mindset Memes, Feedback Cats, Blogspot

(Image Information: Growth Mindset Memes, Feedback Cats, Blogspot)

 The architect cat caught my eye because that idea is something I have been focusing on this year, in the pandemic. It has taken a lot of conscious, mindful thinking to avoid slipping into a pit of anxiety and depression. It's just really hard when the news is so awful, and bad things are happening all around you, and your loved ones are at risk, or sick, or being racially profiled. I have been scared for so many loved one's lives. It makes a person feel like panicking. But panic does not help the bad situations, so it has been important for me to remember to be careful, thoughtful, and purposeful with my thoughts and actions. 

Finally, the hopeful cat. This is probably the most relevant for this year. It has certainly been hard to see the light in 2020, but the recent election news helps a little. I hope that soon things will start to improve. For now, all we can do is stay positive, kind, and strong.

Comments

Popular Posts