Google Timer Tech Tip

 I tried out this neat trick because I rely on timers a lot in my daily life.

 I have really bad time blindness which pretty much means I have a poor concept of time and am not aware of how much time passes by unless I am setting timers for myself. For this reason, I use timers to get out of bed, to get ready for work, to do chores around the house, to go shopping and to do homework. 

For example, in the morning I will have like 5 alarms set. One to wake up, one for when I need to actually wake up and take my meds/drink water/etc, one for when I need to at least be awake enough that I won't fall back asleep, one for when I really need to start thinking about getting out of bed, and one for when I absolutely must get out of bed OR ELSE!

 I do the same thing when I am getting ready for work. If I don't set timers for "time to leave for work (30 min before shift starts)", "Time to get ready for work (30 min before the last)", "Time to start preparing to get ready for work (30 minutes before that one)" etc., I will be late. 

I know that sounds slightly insane but I just really don't have a sense of time passing by. 10 minutes can feel like an hour, and 4 hours can feel like 10 minutes. So I was intrigued when I saw this tech tip, because I did NOT know you could use Google search bar for timers. 

I tried it and it worked well except it did not stop me from closing the tab, which might be dangerous, since I am pretty forgetful and might accidentally close the tab without realizing it. 

("Kitchen Timer" by Lynda Giddens is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0)


Comments

Popular Posts