Famous Last Words: Best Writing

 My Best Writing This Week: French Film Exam

I wish I could say my best writing this week was in this class, since this is my favorite class. I love the structure and layout of this class, and I appreciate so much how accommodating and accessible the format is. I am not used to not being penalized for following my own schedule. The fact that Laura Gibbs has designed a class that allows room for neuro-diverse brains and their wacky schedules is so magical. I am so encouraged and inspired by Laura's teaching style and online class structure. If I am ever a teacher I hope to be like Laura. 
Anyway. Love this class. Love the structure. Love the Professor. Love the subject. But unfortunately, my best writing did not occur here this week. Looking back, I think the best writing I did was for a French class. We had an exam this week, and it was a written exam that required a couple of essay-style answers about some french movies we were supposed to watch. Now, my French is not as good as my English. I am not fluent in French. I do know a bit, though, and I think I did decently on the test. Sometimes it feels more like an accomplishment when writing in a foreign/second language. So content-wise, not my most impressive work. Despite that, I would consider it my best writing this week. I will just have to write better next week!

Hopefully, next week I will do the Famous Last Words assignment and have something to brag about regarding this Indian Epics class. I will have to research and work hard! The funny thing is though, all of my classes involve a lot of writing. I write in French, English, and Spanish. It's fun, it's great, I love writing and improving my language skills. It just means a lot of options to consider when reflecting on one's "best writing."

("Laptop Keyboard" by Baddog_ is licensed under CC BY 2.0)


Comments

  1. Hi Ann Marie!
    Isn’t it so funny how that works! We are fluent in one language but feel so much more rewarded when we do something in another language that would have taken no effort in English! I feel that way very often with Spanish. It’s a language that I grew up speaking, but it isn’t my native tongue. I’m glad that you got that feeling for yourself last week. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts