Wikipedia Trails: From Hamilton (the musical) to Awkwafina

(Image Information: Wonderland, Flickr)

I started on the Hamilton (musical) page. I have never seen this musical but I am a fan of broadway and I know I will like it when I watch it. I haven't listened to the soundtrack either, but I saw a clip of Renee Elise Goldsberry singing Satisfied and it was beautiful. I also read a book over the summer, titled What If It's Us? by Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli, in which one of the main characters is a fan of Hamilton. So I have been interested in watching it. 

From the Hamilton page I clicked on Lin-Manuel Miranda's page. I have heard of Lin-Manuel Miranda, of course, and I have seen in him on various shows in which he made appearances. My Spanish professor last semester was a fan of his. However, I do not know much about him. From his Wikipedia page I learned that he is forty years old, a Pulitzer Prize winner, an author and an activist. I also learned he wrote the song How Far I'll Go from Moana. Lin-Manuel Miranda hosted Saturday Night Live once and that is where my next click took me. 

On the SNL page I read some things I already knew, like the fact that SNL was created by Lorne Michaels. I am a fan of comedy, so I am familiar with some of the more famous SNL comedians. I did not know that SNL had won 71 Emmys. From the SNL page I went to a list of controversial incidents that took place on the live show. Though entertaining, nothing stood out as very significant on this page. Kanye West and Donald Tr*mp were both listed as causing controversy on the show, which is pretty on-brand for them. 

From there I clicked on Awkwafina's page. Awkwafina is an Asian American comedian, musician, and actor, whom I used to be a fan of, until she got called out for doing a blaccent. I don't believe in being tolerant of racism, so I am no longer a fan. Her Wikipedia page discusses the movies she is in and her Comedy Central show. 

Comments

Popular Posts