Week 8 Comments and Feedback

(Image Information: Feedback Cats, Blogspot)
 
(Image Information: Michael Scott, Pinimg)


I chose these images because I think they accurately describe the mindset of myself and many of my fellow students. No one wants to think they are unapproachable, but most of us could probably stand to work on our approachability, especially when receiving critiques on our writing. This isn't something that comes naturally, so we must practice it and keep reminding ourselves that we can learn from it. 


1. Feedback in. 
 I love receiving feedback from other students. The most useful comments for me are the ones that let me know what I can do to make the story more readable. I think it is hard for writers, especially inexperienced writers like myself, to read their own stories from the point of view of a reader. I try, but I truly don't know how it comes off until people let me know. When people let me know what they like, what was boring, what was confusing, that helps me a lot! Of course, I appreciate grammar and spelling corrections too, but the opinions of readers are far more important. 

2. Feedback out. 
When giving feedback, I believe it is important to stay positive even when giving criticism. I try to give the kind of feedback I would like to receive. When commenting on others' stories, I try to make helpful suggestions for future edits. I try to describe that the suggestions are merely supposed to be ideas, to spark creativity, and possibly help with writer's block, not to correct the authors. 

 3. Blog comments. 
 I like connecting with people on our blogs through blog comments. I think people can really connect with each other through the blogs because there is always something in common, be it a like, a hobby, a location, your year of college, etc. So it is so fun to find out these things about each other and bond over it. 

 4. Looking forward. 
I would not make any changes to the feedback assignments. I like the way we do it. My comment wall is super simple, which is on brand for me, but maybe I could change it to make it prettier. I think my introduction is fine, though I could always add more to it.

Comments

Popular Posts