Learning Challenge: Daydreaming

 Daydreaming Is Good, ScienceDaily

This article by Christine Godwin and Eric Schumacher, claims that daydreaming is a sign of a well-endowed brain, which is good for me, because I spend the majority of my waking time daydreaming.Schumacher says: "People with efficient brains may have too much brain capacity to stop their minds from wandering," One thing that makes sense to me is this: "Those who reported more frequent daydreaming scored higher on intellectual and creative ability and had more efficient brain systems measured in the MRI machine." I think the connection between daydreaming and creativity is an easy one to make and one that is broadly agreed upon. What I found interesting about this article is that it states that an inability to pay attention may be due to a more efficient brain. "Schumacher says higher efficiency means more capacity to think, and the brain may mind wander when performing easy tasks.

How can you tell if your brain is efficient? One clue is that you can zone in and out of conversations or tasks when appropriate, then naturally tune back in without missing important points or steps."

This post is helpful for my confidence because lately I have been feeling very pressured to focus and be organized and efficient but these things are hard for me, especially when you throw in stress factors like the pandemic. An article that implies that daydreaming is a positive trait is inspiring. 

One thing I am curious to explore is life after graduation. College life has stressed me out more than I anticipated. I have abandoned most of my hobbies, which include reading, writing, and playing the piano. So I am curious about how my life will go after college. I hope I am able to pick up these hobbies and explore my creative side a bit more. 

(Image Information: Tiny Buddha Advice, Blogspot)

Comments

Popular Posts