Topic Brainstorm

 

(Image Information: Studying)
1. Idea #1 is to tell stories from the perspective of a cat. Wouldn't it be funny to hear the great epics retold from a cat's point of view? For this idea, I would just pick a story or collection of stories I liked, and retell them from a cat's perspective. This would add humor and lighten the overall mood of whichever stories I chose. I am a big fan of Warriors, by Erin Hunter, as well as a crazy cat lady, so I enjoy writing cat stories. This would be fun, simple, and childlike. It would be fun to write about a cat's experience in Naraka as well. Maybe cats like Naraka. 

2. Idea #2 is to tell the story of an original character who finds themselves involved in the ancient epics (think Aru Shah). If I go with this idea it would be a great way to tell a bit of my own story as well, by adding my characteristics to the protagonist, because I think it would be difficult to write an original character without imbuing them with some of my own traits. To get more specific about this, I need to brush up on my mythology, but I think this would be a fun, if maybe slightly ambitious idea for a storybook.  

3. Idea #3 is to focus on some of the gods and write some unique scenarios involving them. This could potentially be very humourous, as well as dark. It would probably revolve around some type of family drama and would contain aspects of comedy and drama. It could be written like a reality tv show, a telenovela, a funny sitcom, or even an adult cartoon. There's plenty of potential.  Wikipedia would be a good starting source. This storybook is along these lines. 

4. Finally, Idea #4 is to retell a story of a hero, perhaps placing them in a modern setting or changing a different detail.  The comic books would be a good resource for this idea. I love heroism and stories about heroes, so this idea is appealing to me because I would get to focus on studying a hero and their stories. I think I would enjoy this a lot. 

Comments

  1. Hello Ann Marie,
    Telling a story from a cat's point of view is such a creative idea! I think that that story would be really interesting to read, I'm honestly very interested on how you plan to write a story from the perspective of an animal. I would suggest putting the cat in a world of humans rather than in a world of cats, it may make the read more comedic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts