Storybook Favorites: Indian Epics, 2020

 Storybook Favorites: Indian Epics

(Image Information: Watching TV, Forbes)
When checking out the masterlist of storybook projects for the Indian Epics class, I noticed a common theme. Many people chose to base their storybooks on tv shows. I thought this was interesting and chose three based on shows I like to read. The first I read had a theme based on How I Met Your Mother, by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays. Sharing the same name,  this storybook by Rachel Cunningham is based on the epic of The Mahabharata. I love the tv show and the title 

(Image Information: How I Met Your Mother Characters (Barney, Robin, Ted, Lily, Marshall,) TVLINE)

The second storybook I read was based on Rick and Morty, an ingenious cartoon that must be appreciated. Because the show is so ridiculous you already know the stories are gonna be silly and crazy, which is right up my ally. This storybook inspired me to write something funny, which is not something I've done before, but now I want to try it. 
(Image Information: Rick and Morty, The Guardian)
The third storybook I read was over the Good Place, which is another funny, weird show. I really liked the Mahabharata and the author's fusion of this epic with the tv show. 

(Image Information: The Good Place, Medium)

Based on all of these storybooks that I read, I definitely think that my storybook this year will be a comedy-type. I love funny things and my favorite genre is a comedy, so it's surprising that I've never tried writing anything comical before. I am glad I stumbled on all of these awesome creations and can use them for inspiration. Using a tv show as a basis for a story seems like a really fun idea that allows lots of room for creativity and writing unique plot twists. It also is a good way to attract readers! I am going to consider using a tv show for my storybook, but even if I don't I want to keep the idea of writing a comedy. 

Comments

Popular Posts